Born in 1965 in the heart of great hunting in Fulton County Illinois, I was exposed to the great family tradition of hunting at an early age. In those younger years of hunting small game and beagle field trialing I learned a great deal from my father. My passion, for the outdoor way of life, grew through coon hunting and trapping, into a need and drive to harvest big whitetails.
In 1982 I started bowhunting whitetails in Illinois and have been in a tree as long as possible each season since. In 1983 I started actively shooting competitive archery. Shooting at local shoots and learning a great deal from folks that I deemed superior. I started shooting IBO qualifiers in the early 1990’s with a great shooter and shop owner Dennis Heitz of Jacksonville, Illinois, owner of Heitz Archery, one of the premier Hoyt dealers at the time, and where I learned many tips to be a successful target archer.
From 1989 to Present I have hunted all over the state of Illinois and Missouri, harvesting many deer with archery equipment, my last 5 averaging 153 Net Pope and Young points. I have exposed many young people to the archery lifestyle and they continue to have great success in the sport. My wife, six children and I now live in Canton, Illinois where we continue to shoot competitively and hunt ethically as often as we can for deer and turkey.
- To continue to mentor the young people in archery and to lead them on a successful bow hunting and archery lifestyle.
- To shoot the IBO world and place in the top ten in 2012 in New York.
- Shoot for shooter of the year in the ASA in 2012.
- Continue to follow the dream of harvesting that giant elusive whitetail buck each and every season and to harvest the does necessary to keep our deer herd numbers at a manageable level.
- To preserve the great sport of archery and bowhunting for the next generation so they may enjoy it as much as I have.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- 2010 Champion – Illinois ASA Championship Multiple 1st Place awards at local shoots