Whether I am Birding or photographing large animals I use Alpen the Alpen Teton 10x42 binocular and the Alpen 20-60-60 Spotting Scope. Locating birds and animals from a distance increases your chances of getting close for photography. As a hunter I use the same optics to improve my chances for finding and stalking game.
I am a full-time photographer/writer and cover a plethora of nature, wildlife, birding, and outdoor topics.
- A member of the American Society of Media Photographers.
- I am serving on the board of directors of the national Outdoor Writers of America.
- A native of Texas I now live in Salmon, Idaho.
- I lead Photo Safaris and workshops.
- I am a hunter and fisherman.