I am currently using 10x42 Apex Binocs; Model #711 20x50 Compact Spotting Scope and Model #788 20-60x80 Spotting Scope.
I use my Apex binoculars for everyday birding and hunting use. I carry my compact spotting scope in my day pack when in the field big game hunting.
I use my Model #788 scope to really bring animals in close when both birding and spot-and-stalk hunting, and especially to help friends and new prospective birder’s get hooked on what great optics can really do.
- Over 43 years as a biologist and manager in the natural resources profession (Certified Wildlife biologist).
- Avid hunter, fisherman, birdwatcher, and nature photographer.
- I have birded over most of North America as well as in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Sweden and Norway.
- So far, I have been blessed to be able to hunt in a number of the western states including California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and Washington; and have fished in numerous others. All have been special experiences.
- I am a lover of Labrador retrievers, good wine (my wife and I have a small vineyard), and great food (especially gourmet fish & game cookery).
- I sincerely believe that the future of conservation lies in getting what is largely an unattached society back in touch with their historical roots…reconnected with “the land”. A pair of binoculars in every child’s hands would go a long way toward meeting this need.