I currently use Alpen Optics 10x42 binoculars every time I go into the field. I found them to be comparable to any optics of a much higher price point! I have also found the 20x50 Compact spotting scope to be a huge advantage when backpack hunting in high elevation as it takes little space/weight in my pack yet allows me a crisp and clear view of my quarry!
Six Interesting facts about me:
- I am a father of 3 girls who all shoot, hunt and fish with me
- I was on the first California Hunter Education Championship Shooting team and competed in Chestertown Maryland in the Nationals where I won an Individual Silver medal and a Team Gold medal
- My first real job was at a premier Hunting Club while still in high school, where I not only did daily tasks like field prep and kennel cleaning, but I was also a Pheasant and Quail guide.
- I was a partner in Outdoor Marketing Consultants along with Paul Newsom and Michael DeChambeau and our main client was the NRA Hunter Services Division, I was the Midwest Tour Manager of the NRA Great American Hunters Tour for three years
- I have been a Hunter Education Instructor in California for many years and am on the Northern California Hunter Education Instructors Association Board of Directors
- Besides Hunting/Fishing/Camping my other favorite hobby is my pursuit of Horsemanship with my two registered Paint Horses
I am currently developing a personal blog centered around the outdoors, mostly hunting and fishing related, and I am also an NRA Pistol Instructor working on gaining more accreditations for instruction to build a firearms training business.